To our valued patients:
In light of these unprecedented times, our office wants to inform you that we are taking this current situation very seriously.
Because we are an integral part of the health care system in our community, we are keeping our doors open to provide pro-active care for our patients.
We are constantly taking measures, above and beyond, to disinfect any equipment after every use, our entire office surfaces multiple times per day, any furniture after each patient or visitor.
All staff are required to stay home at the slightest hint of fever or other symptom and take their temperature routinely throughout the day.
All staff routinely sterilize their hands, do not touch their faces with their hands and refrain from close contact (aside from the providers). All providers continue to sterilize their hands between each and every patient.
The best way that we know of to help you through this health threat is by supporting your body. We do this through chiropractic care, focused nutrition - especially supplements shown to influence the body's immune response and or resilience. Moderate activity, low stress and of course proper hygiene are the best ways to avoid illness.
According to the current information available, over 95% of those affected by this virus have mild symptoms and fully recover.
If you are considered more 'at-risk' because of age or other condition, we are establishing separate hours to
accommodate a much lighter number of people in your proximity. That will be Wednesday, between 10:00 and 11:30.
Please reserve those times for 'at-risk' patients ... they will appreciate that.
Guidelines to help you through this:
1. Wash your hands frequently throughout the day, especially after touching your face or any public surface like a doorknob, shopping cart, etc. Be sure to use soap and apply across your hands (and under your nails) for a full
30 seconds before rinsing.
2. Avoid close contact with others and refrain from social gestures such as handshaking and hugging.
3. Get at least 7 hours of good sleep. Your body recharges and needs to be refreshed to combat the environment around it.
4. Continue to get your regular chiropractic treatments. Each time you are adjusted, there are cascading effects within the body, including positive effects upon the immune system.
5. Avoid sugars, heavily refined foods, and excessive consumption of alcohol. Each of these greatly diminishes the body's ability to adapt and fight infections. Furthermore, take in nutrients that have been shown to support the immune function. We have a flyer showing the supplements we recommend.
6. Be sure to STAY AT HOME if you feel a fever, or any symptoms of sickness. Contact the local health department if you suspect you may have contracted the virus.
7. Join our Facebook Group to stay up-to-date on our recommendations, tips, ideas and community questions - a huge resource for you and your family.
We look forward to continuing to serve our community through this unusual circumstance.
Due to the rapidly changing information that we receive, we will be updating our position as needed.
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions
Your Healthcare Team at Castelli Chiropractic Center